[c-nsp] what limits bw on a tcp stream?

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:57:10 EST 2007

Welcome to the limitations of TCP using standard window sizes.   There
is tons of documentation out on the net on how to tweak TCP
connections to maximize throughput.   WAN accel appliances are very
good at doing this as well, if you don't want to mess around with
tweaking individual hosts.   The accelerators also do things to
mitigate packet loss that the host based tweaking cannot always
overcome.

Phil