[c-nsp] Invalid packet (too small) length=0

Nemeth Laszlo csirek at externet.hu
Mon Nov 19 03:39:50 EST 2007

Dear Oli!

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) i'rta:
> Nemeth Laszlo <> wrote on Saturday, November 17, 2007 9:47 PM:
>> I received this messages yesterday:
>> Nov 16 21:57:23: Invalid packet (too small) length=0
>> The router is a 7606 with Sup720-3BXL, ios:
>> s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF6.bin
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Hmm, could this have been an attack on your router/infrastructure or a
> broken NIC sending these frames? Could be tricky to analyze (if you
> want, you would need to set up span port and work from there, but enable
> "no mls verify ip length minimum" to actually forward these illegal
> packets).
> You can also investigate using Control plane policing to protect the
> RP..
>
> 	oli

I don't know whitch was the source interface, i have lot of SVI and ethernet
interfaces so i think i can't do this monitoring :(
This incident happened now so first simply, and since then not. I saw nothing on
  my MRTG graphs (for example: big incomming packets or other interesting
things...).

I'll try this MLS command.

Thank You!

Laci