[c-nsp] HSRP w/ int and standby addr in different subnets

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Nov 20 10:40:22 EST 2007

I can see that there's another problem. If the net would happen to be in
a VRF, I can't use

ip route vrf TEST 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 Vlan2

to make the net visible in routing. This may be a no-brainer, but what
would I do in that case? It gives me the usual error:

% For VPN routes, must specify a next hop IP address if not a
point-to-point interface

How can I make the route look connected in that case? Theres no problem
unless the interface is in a VRF.

Regards,
Peter Rathlev