[c-nsp] netflow

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Tue Nov 20 12:27:28 EST 2007

> Hi,
>
> I need to use netflow to analyze traffic, does somebody have any idea
> of existing software, commercial and free?

Solarwinds makes some useful tools that could be used, depending on your
needs.  The Netflow Configurator can help you configure your Netflow
routers:

http://www.solarwinds.com/products/freetools/netflow_configurator.aspx

The Netflow Real-time Tool is a part of their Engineer's Edition toolset
which provides the ability to examine flows in realtime:

http://www.solarwinds.com/products/toolsets/netflow_real_time_tools.aspx

And Solarwinds Orion has an add-on that can store your Netflow data and
present it in snazzy graphs:

http://www.solarwinds.com/products/orion/nta/index.aspx

If you are looking for OSS, ntop will do the job as well, although I've
had problems keeping it running in the past (probably due more to
operator error, though):

http://www.ntop.org/

-evt