[c-nsp] SNMP Objects for total mac address and total vlans in use

Eduardo Ascenco Reis eduardo at intron.com.br
Thu Nov 22 16:01:37 EST 2007

Hi Fellows,

I am looking for SNMP Objects that can show total mac address and total vlans in use by Cisco switches (like 3550) in order to monitor this variables. I have already looked at Cisco SNMP Object Navigator but didn´t find it.

I am currently using some expect scripts to gather these information with commands like:

3550>sh mac-address-table | in Total Mac
Total Mac Addresses for this criterion: 5481
3550>

3550>sh vlan summary | include existing VLANs
Number of existing VLANs           : 845
3550>

Does anyone knows a MIB OID to do that ? Or maybe another suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo Ascenço Reis
<eduardo at intron.com.br>