[c-nsp] Dialup problems on a AS5300

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Tue Nov 27 12:35:41 EST 2007

At 09:32 AM 11/27/2007, you wrote:
>After I posted to the list we got the backup 5300 online.  It has half
>the interfaces and modem capacity but it should suffice.  We
>reprovisioned the 2 circuits that were already connected to it and had a
>tech in that area move patchcords for another pair down to that 5300.
>The downside of this is that it only has 32MB of RAM.  Once it started
>answering calls it quickly ran out of RAM.  I can no longer sh run on
>the 5300.  I managed to get it to about 4MB of free RAM by adding some
>static routes and killing OSPF.  That kept it from crashing in the night.

I wouldn't run 12.3 on an AS5300 with anything less than 128MB. Use
the modem recovery commands, but also add RAM. With modem recovery
and enough RAM, the AS5300s are pretty stable with 12.3 mainline.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin