[c-nsp] cisco download problems

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Nov 29 15:26:56 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 09:17:22PM +0100, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 14:54 -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> > anyone else having issues with the new download system cisco did at
> >  cco?
>
> It seems a little slower and I have to authenticate an extra time when
> downloading, but otherwise it's working ok for me. :-)

	You must have a fairly high speed desktop link near
where you stage your images.

	You can no longer use wget/curl to download images from Cisco
anymore.  They're redirecting you over to download-sj (in my case)
then over to download (to login again?) then back to download-sj
to get the image, but the url at download-sj is the same as the first one
and requires some additional external auth bits. (cookies perhaps?)

	If you care about not having to download these images to your hotel room
next network outage you have, I suggest you talk to your Cisco support
reps now and/or open a tac case.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net