[c-nsp] cisco download problems

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Nov 29 16:48:44 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 15:26 -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> You must have a fairly high speed desktop link near where you stage
>  your images.

Well yeah, I always download the software to my desktop and then
transfer it to our repository server. Never went through the hassle of
scripting it. And I need to see deferral details etc. anyway. Software
upgrades aren't something we do every day. :-)

> If you care about not having to download these images to your hotel
>  room next network outage you have, I suggest you talk to your Cisco
>  support reps now and/or open a tac case.

I may be naive here, but I've never experienced anything like "total"
network outage. There's always something that works. And disaster
recovery typically consists of uploading known good software, which we
have copies of locally. (Hope that isn't illegal btw.)

But yes, cisco.com isn't a terrific example of a website. I do have one
good thing to say though: Some time ago I went through an online survey
where I complained about drop downs not displaying properly in Firefox,
and they have that fixed now. :-)

Regards,
Peter Rathlev