[c-nsp] ASA 5505 or Netscreen 5GT - maturity?

jacob c jctx09 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 20:23:32 EST 2007

No meshing. Just running running tunnels to a central site. Also, I haven't decided what the central site ASA box should be. I need to figure that out. We're looking at 8 remotes sites  and one head office with about 25 users at the remote sites. I will only go with one vendor for all the boxes.

Simon Hamilton-Wilkes <sjhwilkes at gmail.com> wrote:
  How many tunnels from each box? Are you meshing or just running
tunnels to a central site? What's the platform at the central site?

I had nightmares last year trying to get Netscreens (NS-50's and
ISG-2000's) and ASA 5020's to talk IPSEC reliably to one another,
spending much time with CTAC AND JTAC and trying many versions of ASA
code - either vendors boxes were rock solid talking to themselves
though...

Simon