[c-nsp] 6500 power supply issue

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Fri Nov 30 17:20:02 EST 2007

        Howdy, I just had a quick chassis/power issue with a 6509. We have dual power supplies in a 6509 recently we noticed that the box is claiming that it only has one power supply a WS-CAC-2500W so we took one of our spares and replaced the other one and we got:

Nov 30 16:50:50.708 EST: %OIR-SP-6-INSPS: Power supply inserted in slot 1
Nov 30 16:51:01.828 EST: %C6KPWR-SP-4-PSOK: power supply 1 turned on.
Nov 30 16:51:01.836 EST: %C6KPWR-SP-4-PSREDUNDANTMISMATCH: power supplies rated
outputs do not match.

Puzzled, as these are indeed 2500W power supplies, we tried another spare with equal results, has anyone else run into this particular bundle of weird?

Does anyone know if there is any particular mechanism to see what exactly the chassis 'thinks' we plugged into slot 1? When we do a show power/show inventory its like there is nothing in slot 1....

Thank you for your time.

-Drew