[c-nsp] IP blocks from Asian RIRs?

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Fri Nov 30 23:14:34 EST 2007

Justin Shore wrote:
> Noel Butler wrote:
>> Sort of what I do, well almost...
>>
>> I have a small script that weekly retrieves the list from APNIC, with
>> awk it extracts the countries I want, then cleans it up and loads it, if
>> successful, scp's the file to other servers and loads them :)
>
> This is a along the lines of what I want to incorporate into a dynamic
> sinkhole router.  I monitor auth requests to all of our routers.  Too
> many failed attempts generates an email alert and a null route on the
> individual host.  I'd like to instead insert a routing into the IGP that
> sucks all traffic for those sources into a sinkhole.  I just haven't had
> the time to start work on a solution.  Anyone come across one?

Don't allow attempts in the first place from outside of your network or management/OOB network? Don't you use access-class on the vty's?

--

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)940-6100 (NOC)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"There is no objective reality. Only that which is measured exists.
We construct reality, and only in the moment of measurement or observation." -- Niels Bohr