[c-nsp] Soft Reconfiguration In?

Philippe Strauss philou at philou.ch
Mon Oct 1 15:02:47 EDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 01:54:09PM -0500, Murphy, William  wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who has responded...  I assume route refresh sends
> the entire BGP table without resetting the peer.  Given full I1 routes
> would there be any benefit to still doing the soft reset feature since
> this would avoid re-sending the entire table?

What do you mean by full "I1" routes?

Personnally, I would still use soft-reconf inbound only when doing massive
BGP tuning on inbound, like adding a new upstream and tweaking rules
to load balance outbound. very rare indeed. Or if you're really scarce
on bandwidth (I1 = T1??).

regards.

--
Philippe Strauss