[c-nsp] PPPoA DSL up/up, no traffic

Steve Bertrand cisco at ibctech.ca
Tue Oct 2 14:44:37 EDT 2007

Adam Greene wrote:
> Steve,
>
> As far as I can tell, I'm not receiving an IP address. Yes, I'm
> performing reachability tests directly from the router.

You are right, it appears as though you may not be getting an IP.

I have two ADSL connections bonded on one router, here is what I see on
my first ATM int:

lanx#sh atm int atm0/0
Interface ATM0/0:
AAL enabled:  AAL5   AAL2, Maximum VCs: 23, Current VCCs: 1

VCIs per VPI: 256,
Max. Datagram Size: 4528
PLIM Type: ADSL - 800Kbps Upstream, DMT, TX clocking: LINE
27 input, 8 output, 302134 IN fast, 43731 OUT fast
 Avail bw = 800
Config. is ACTIVE

Now, for all intents and purposes, it looks as if sync is fine.

I will send you off-list a test username and password to swap out to see
if things work on my network.

Steve