[c-nsp] PPPoA DSL up/up, no traffic
maillist at webjogger.net
Wed Oct 3 14:03:40 EDT 2007
Thanks to everyone who helped me with this. I got it to work!
I got the upstream configs from the ISP:
interface ATM1/0.304 point-to-point
ip unnumbered Loopback0
Based on this, I reconfigured the CPE PVC, replacing
protocol ppp dialer
dialer pool-member 1
The router automatically changed that to
pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1
Immediately afterwards, LCP finished negotiating, authentication succeeded,
and the router was assigned its dynamic IP address.
Now we're going to try to set up a second DSL line and bond the two. I'm
assuming that Multilink PPP is going to be the way to go ... haven't
researched this yet ... the ISP has asked me to advise them on how to do the
DSL bonding as well, so I'm going to be working on both ends ...
P.S. To answer someone's question, I'm in the USA not the UK. thanks!
More information about the cisco-nsp