[c-nsp] Real quick interface statistics question

Stephen Wilcox steve.wilcox at packetrade.com
Thu Oct 4 15:41:31 EDT 2007

It means the interface MAC received data faster than it could be
passed to the controller.

I have seen it when there is a bad interface or bad cabling. It can
also be caused if you are trying to do some clever features with the
card and its not processing the packets quick enough.

68/627m isnt a problem but they shouldnt be there.. my guess is your
router took a load hit at some point for some unknown reason and they
all appeared at once whilst it was busy hiccupping. Keep an eye for
any further increases .. and bear in mind it may be an indication you
are pushing your kit hard if this occurs frequently

Steve