[c-nsp] Cisco CNS Network Registrar 6.1 vs. VitalQIP IPAM

mcgrath at fas.harvard.edu mcgrath at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 5 21:14:37 EDT 2007

This may have been true initially 10 or so years ago when this product was
developed by American Internet (pre-Cisco)

but today CNR does have extensive address management as well as database driven
DNS.   The only feature it does not have is GSS TSIG which is needed to permit
SMB signing and secure updates when supporting a AD environment (We use CNR to
do exactly that).   CNR also has a API so you can interface your provisioning
systems to CNR.