[c-nsp] Strange ARP problem between 3560 and Linksys

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Sat Oct 6 16:30:49 EDT 2007

Karol Mares wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 9/10/07, *Garry* <gkg at gmx.de <mailto:gkg at gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     Karol Mares wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > On 9/5/07, *Garry Glendown* <garry at glendown.de
>     <mailto:garry at glendown.de>
>     > <mailto:garry at glendown.de <mailto:garry at glendown.de>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     Raymond Macharia wrote:
>     >     > Sounds like STP to me, how have you configured the STP. please
>     >     privide a
>     >     > simple schematic of physical connections. will help in
>     narrowing
>     >     down to the
>     >     > source of your problem
>     >
>     >               A=======B
>     >               |       |
>     >               ----L----
>     >
>     >
>     > Can you provide output from the commands:
>     >
>     > show spanning-tree detail
>
>     Hm ... that would be slightly longer ... just getting the info for the
>     main vlan ... (Gi0/26 is the Uplink to Switch "L", Port Channel 24 the
>     link to B)
>

> It looks like you are having 2 Root bridges, Switch A and Switch L, also
> no BPDU can be seen on interconnection link with switch A<->L , check
> out the Portfast,Rootguard, Stp on Linksys.

Getting back to the problem, I did some more experiments ... it seems
like only the ARP packets seem to be (primarily) affected, as when I
configure the MAC address of a box connected to "L" on a box connected
to either A or B via static definition, it will be able to reach the
destination ... so, what could be causing the broadcast packets not to
be forwarded correctly???

tnx, -gg