[c-nsp] Bouncing DS3 serial int 7609

Zanine, Igor IZ2097 at att.com
Mon Oct 8 15:23:50 EDT 2007

We have a c-bit DS3 connecting to 7609 routers on both ends. The DS3
intermittently will start taking errors and normalizes after we break
the cross connection and re-connect it. During one of the
troubleshooting sessions we blocked all traffic/data from hitting the
DS3 and it stopped taking errors. We have also noticed during
troubleshooting that if we monitor the DS3 we are seeing a frequency
drift. There is no LEC provided timing on the DS3 but the routers are
set to pull timing from it (the routers don't have their own timing
source).  The LEC states they never put timing on point to point DS3s.
It is also unframed on their end and we have it set up with c-bit on
both ends. We performed a 24 hour head to head test and it was clean.
The DS3 could run clean for a few days, or at least the frequency does
not fluctuate enough to cause the interface to drop, but eventually it
will drop.

I found in the history of this distribution list that someone had a
similar problem back in 2005. Does anyone remember if it was ever
resolved and how? Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

Thanks so much for any input you could suggest!

Igor