[c-nsp] dual cbac

John Kougoulos koug at intracom.gr
Thu Oct 11 17:25:12 EDT 2007

Hello,

Based on what I remember from some tests a few years ago, IOS will use the
use the CBAC configuration that it will match first, but the first packet
must be permitted through all the ACLs.

So in case on Vlan1 you have "ip inspect fw in" and on Dialer1 you have
"ip inspect fw2 out", in case the first packet starts from company1 and
is destined to Internet, IOS will use the "fw" inspect configuration

I prefer the following:
int vlan1
  ip inspect vlan1in in
  ip inspect vlan1out out
  ip access-group vlan1aclin in
  ip access-group vlan1aclout out

int vlan2
  ip inspect vlan2in in
  ip inspect vlan2out out
  ip access-group vlan2aclin in
  ip access-group valn2aclout out

int dialer1
  ip access-group internetout out
  ip access-group internetin in

It doubles the ACLs you have to add, but it's safer I think
.
--koug