[c-nsp] Changing vlan numbers

Pavel Gulchouck gul at gul.kiev.ua
Sat Oct 13 02:59:50 EDT 2007

  Hi!

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 11:04:44AM -0400, Aaron Daubman writes:
AD> While you can do this on the 6500, I don't believe the equivalent
AD> exists for the 5500 (it's port-ASIC specific).

AD> See: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/command/reference/S1.html#wp1320204
AD> if you're still interested in the 6500 functionality (note there are
AD> some interesting caveats in regards to how ASICs may be shared between
AD> groups of ports).

When I try to setup vlan mapping on 6500 with WS-X6148A-GE-TX
it works, but I have ~0.3% packets loss on simple ping.
Changing vlan mapping to bridge solves the problem, but it
use MSFC.
Experiments is clean, turning on vlan mapping gives 0.2-0.3% packets
lost, without vlan mapping there's no losses (with or without bridge).
12.2(18)SXF8.

Any suggestions, or should I forget about vlan mapping on 6148A?

--
Pavel