[c-nsp] MPLS network on 3750 switches - ISIS or OSPF whichis scalable?

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Mon Oct 15 09:51:12 EDT 2007

On (2007-10-15 09:24 -0400), Matt Addison wrote:

> > It's quite annoying how cisco forces people to buy minimum
> > of cat4k5 due to artificially limiting availability of SFP
> > ports (new 3560E and 3750E do not have SFP model any more) and
> > by not offering IS-IS
>
> Isn't SFP support in the new -E series gear offered by the TwinGig
> converters (which convert an X2 port on the -E switch, to 2 SFP ports).

I'm talking about situation where you solely/mostly need SFP ports, in 3750
you had the 12SFP model in 3550 you had to 10 GBIC model. In 3750E,
3560E there is no such box anymore, effectively forcing you to buy
bigger boxes just to get correct media out of them.
I'm not going to pay that much for 4 SFP ports and 24 or 48 copper
ports that I don't need.

--
  ++ytti