[c-nsp] Routing design question

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Mon Oct 15 10:52:10 EDT 2007

Hello Tassos:

The device would have to support the SFP and, since the transmit and
receive are on different wavelengths, UDLD could be coded to respond to
it in the same way it responds to transmit and receive on different
interface ports.  However, I don't think Cisco supports these optics in
their switching platform.  Please someone correct me if I'm wrong!  I've
seen these devices as transceivers that feed back to the device over
UTP.

Regards,

Mike