[c-nsp] IOS SLB support

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Mon Oct 15 17:32:01 EDT 2007

> I'm running c7600rsp72043-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRB1 on a
> 7609-S with the RSP720 and PFC3C.  Any idea when I'll see SLB
> support?

It is my understanding that there will never be IOS SLB on the
RSP720. Have you been told otherwise? It sure isn't supported
today, re. http://tinyurl.com/2f4mqc.

> And is SLB without Cisco's Content Services module truly
> switch in software, or does the PFC3C now deal with that in
> hardware?

The CSM works it's magic using network processors on the module,
but it's still configured from IOS, close to the same config as
with IOS SLB. However, the CSMs are not supported in 12.2 SR.

A later release should add RSP720 support for the ACE, which also
works on network processors (though much faster than the CSM),
but is configured from a separate (IOS-like) command line.

-A