[c-nsp] IOS SLB support

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Wed Oct 17 03:46:29 EDT 2007

Asbjorn,

>From what I know it is planned for the next SR release (SRC).

Arie

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Asbjorn Hojmark
- Lists
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 23:32 PM
To: frnkblk at iname.com
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] IOS SLB support

> I'm running c7600rsp72043-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRB1 on a 7609-S
> with the RSP720 and PFC3C.  Any idea when I'll see SLB support?

It is my understanding that there will never be IOS SLB on the RSP720.
Have you been told otherwise? It sure isn't supported today, re.
http://tinyurl.com/2f4mqc.

> And is SLB without Cisco's Content Services module truly switch in
> software, or does the PFC3C now deal with that in hardware?

The CSM works it's magic using network processors on the module, but
it's still configured from IOS, close to the same config as with IOS
SLB. However, the CSMs are not supported in 12.2 SR.

A later release should add RSP720 support for the ACE, which also works
on network processors (though much faster than the CSM), but is
configured from a separate (IOS-like) command line.

-A