[c-nsp] 12.2(33) SRB2 pros or cons?

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Wed Oct 17 12:45:11 EDT 2007

On (2007-10-17 11:19 -0500), Justin Shore wrote:

> SRB2 came out a handful of days ago.  Anyone care to comment on
> stability and bugs fixed or created?  I see that Saku is running it on
> his RSPs.  Anyone else?  We're still running Sup720-3BXLs here.  I'm
> reading through the release notes now but I'm wondering about actual
> deployments with the new code.

I'm currently mostly at SRA1 in my 7600's, (believe it or not:) and I don't
have any customer affecting issues, but vast amount of other more or
less annoying issues, most of which are fixed in SRB2, at least
two in release notes that were opened by me.
Biggest complain from community general in RSP720 (apart from
basically DoA issues) from what I've heard has been BGP hogging CPU,
and thats also fixed.

I'm not planning big roll-out of SRB, only when absolutely needed
due to RSP720 or ES20. SRC is where I want to be, since I desperately
need tunable EoMPLS MTU.

--
  ++ytti