[c-nsp] Ethernet Question - Problem with link

Steve Bertrand cisco at ibctech.ca
Tue Oct 23 22:50:19 EDT 2007

Pete Templin wrote:
> Paul Stewart wrote:
>
>> Just looking for a thought - ethernet cable from switch to switch.  One side
>> is up/up but other side is up/down....
>>
>> Cabling problem?  It's a new connection...
>
> The problem(s) could be:
>
> 1:  Transmitter on up/up side.
> 2:  Cabling problem.
> 3:  Receiver on up/down side.
> 4:  Perhaps other settings issues.
>
> The easy one is #2.

(My last message bounced, wrong address I used):

I'd go with #4. I find settings easier to check rather than physical,
especially if accessible remotely when possible.

Could be misconfig, or the port was forgotten about and was earlier used
as a span monitor port and would show up/down. This is happening on the
6500, right?

Steve