[c-nsp] BFD feedback?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 05:58:45 EDT 2007

> > That said, I do feel that tying BFD to routing protocol events only
> > is a bit shortsighted - why not have an option to just change line
> > protocol to down in a case of BFD timeout failure, and let the
> > routing protocols react the that naturally?
> >
> Surely this wouldn't work on multi-access networks (e.g. ethernet ;) )?
> BFD forms adjacencies according to the routing protocol neighbors, not

Indeed.

Also, on many cisco platforms there are architectural features that make
it difficult to remove the connected route (which is basically what
shutting down an interface is) and still be able to emit packets (hence
I have always presumed the unfulfilled request for HSRP standby to
remove the connected route)