[c-nsp] Cisco WS-X6724-GE-TX Blade

andrew burns andrew.burns at dial.pipex.com
Wed Oct 24 12:57:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

We're in a situation where next year we're going to have to replace our 6513 chassis with 6509-E simply to get a
full complement of 6748-GE-TX blades. What we'd prefer to do is just add 6724-GE-TX to slots 1-6 as required.
However, these blades don't exist - only 6724-SFP exist. So, as 24 SFP's cost the same as a 6509-E chassis it's a
no-brainer financially, but a nightmare technically.

We have hundreds of 6513's and were hoping to make them last until the next gen chassis come out (whenever that is)
but the need for fabric blades is forcing our hand. We've been making do with the 6516-GE-TX but that's EoS in Jan.

Anyone else in the same boat, or also asking Cisco to make a GE-TX version of the 6724?

TIA
Andrew.