[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 RSP720 / SRB2 Woes

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Thu Oct 25 08:56:49 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone here is running SRB2 with any tunnel configs.
Specifically v6 over v4 tunnels (either GRE or IPv6IP).

We rolled up to SRB2 from SRB1 last night, and the tunnel issues are the
first of my woes.  Basically, at completely random times, the tunnels die,
and don't come back until you reload the router.  The interface itself still
reports up, the line protocol reports down.

Second issue, if you're running SRB2 and you upgraded to it using ISSU,
downgrading back to SRB1 using ISSU doesn't work either.  When we tested
this on two different routers both times in the downgrade process the router
claimed config sync errors (the config had not changed since the upgrade
btw).

Third issue, in the last 12 hours I've had 6 different V6 BGP sessions go
idle and sit there like that completely randomly, connectivity between the
neighbors was still there, but that was that, again, this would only come
right after router reload.

Any experiences on these issues would be appreciated, my tac requests will
follow shortly after this email, but figured I'd ask here as well, both for
advice and a warning... My experiences with SRB2 have left me brusied and
battered the way not even SRB original release did... And that was bad
enough.

Andrew Alston
TENET