[c-nsp] Network Topology Mapping

Borge Brunes Borge.Brunes at cc.uit.no
Sun Oct 28 16:17:11 EDT 2007

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I am looking for guidance from you guys on what is the best way/tool/process
>> to do it from your experience?
>
> NetDISCO  is always a good tool for this sort of job. but if you cant
> SNMP or CDP then things become more interesting.

Have also a look at NAV.

>From their website metanav.uninett.no:
"Network Administration Visualized is an advanced software suite
  to monitor large computer networks. It automatically discovers
  network topology, monitors network load and outages, and can send
  alerts on network events by e-mail and SMS, allowing for flexible
  configuration of alert profiles."

regards,

--
Borge Brunes, Computer Center, University of Tromso, Norway
http://www.cc.uit.no/~borge/ | http://www.freebsd.org