[c-nsp] Wireless LAN survey tool

Felix Nkansah felixnkansah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 04:20:43 EDT 2007

HI,

For wireless planning and survey, my suggestion is that you use AirMagnet
Survey/Planner suite 5.0.

It's probably the best in the market as far as WLAN survey and planning is
concerned.

You mention planning for 802.11g because it would give you more channels. As
far as I know, it's the same 3 non-overlapping channels you would find -
1,6,11.

802.11a is what would give you many channels. But since most clients use the
.11b/g, I would suggest you go on with the .11g. Only take note of your
channels and ensure non-interferences.

Regards,

Felix Nkansah