[c-nsp] 3750 Qos error message [NC]

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 09:18:29 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 12:21 +0000, david.ponsdesserre at sgcib.com wrote:
> All.

It's considered polite to start a new thread rather than hijack existing
ones, just FYI

> I have a 3750 which is giving me a strange error . When i try to apply an
> input  service-policy map on one of it is routed interface.
>

> policy-map gbb_marking
>   class RealTime
>    set dscp af31
>   class Voice
>    set dscp ef
>   class Network
>    set dscp cs6
>   class Internet
>    set dscp af21
>   class Batch
>    set dscp af11
>   class Interactive
>    set dscp default
>   class Video-conf
>    set dscp af41
>   class Media-Control
>    set dscp cs3
> !

You don't show the class maps or ACLs here, but from what comes next I
assume they're pretty extensive...

> RABRSVH001(config)#interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8
> RABRSVH001(config-if)# service-policy input gbb_marking
> Add Policy failed for interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8
>
> Service Policy attachment failed
>

> Error Message :   QOSMGR-4-HARDWARE_NOT_SUPPORTED: Hardware limitation has
> reached for policymap [bla].
>

> The policy-map configuration has exceeded the limitation of the hardware.
> You configured more QoS ACL entries than the number specified in the
> Switch Database Management (SDM) template. [chars] is the policy-map name.
>
> Recommended Action :   Reconfigure the class map or the policy map, and
> reduce the number of QoS ACLs.

That seems pretty unambiguous to me. I'd hardly call it strange.

Have you done what it suggests?

> interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8
>  no switchport
>  bandwidth 10000
>  ip address 190.10.2.7 255.255.255.0 ! Routed port
>  no ip proxy-arp
>  ip pim query-interval 10
>  ip pim sparse-mode
>  ip igmp query-interval 20
>  ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 7 046F02122020470F
>  ip ospf hello-interval 3
>  ip ospf dead-interval 10
>  speed 100
>  duplex full
>  srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20
>  srr-queue bandwidth shape  10  0  0  0
> end
>

> RABRSVH001#sh ver | i System
> Copyright (c) 1986-2007 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
> System returned to ROM by power-on
> System restarted at 15:54:23 UTC Sun Jun 24 2007
> System image file is "flash:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEE3.bin"
> System serial number            : FOC1008Y2VZ
>
> I have tried to remove the layer 2 Cos configuration on the port and
> re-apply but no luck ......
> Funny thing is when i try to apply the same service policy to a "free
> configuration" port it works ! As this is in production i can't really

I don't understand that. What is a "free configuration" port?

> "play" with it during the day .
> Does this error message means "3750s" are lousy when it comes to Qos ?

It's a hardware platform. Hardware platforms have limited resources; in
this case, the QoS rules have to fit into TCAM. You've either used a
huge ACL or set of medium-sized ACLs, such that the QoS rules can't fit
into the TCAM for this port.

You need to simplify your ruleset.