[c-nsp] Ethernet debugging...MTU?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Oct 31 18:01:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 03:28:36PM -0400, Andy Dills wrote:
> incrementing error counters anywhere on any layer. So I started trying
> different things and discovered the issue I mentioned in the email, as I
> have to assume once we resolve that issue the overall issue of packet loss
> will be fixed.

Is the link clean if you "flood ping" it?  Send out 1500 byte packets
"back to back"?  Like running multiple

cisco(enable)# ping $remote size 1500 repeat 1000

in parallel...

It *could* be a duplex issue (one part of the overall link being half-
duplex and its peer side being full-duplex).  Or some component being
flakey when more than a few packets are seen.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de