[c-nsp] Routed Vlans

Hitesh Vinzoda vinzoda.hitesh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 01:56:03 EDT 2007

Dear All,

I have got a Layer 3 switch attached to a layer 3 switch and ospf running
between them. the link between them is a layer 2 trunk.just because i have
to extend a vlan which is behind the trunk.

when i perform TRACERT i can see the ip of the interfaces of both switches.
does this mean the traffic is routed even if it is going L2 trunk.

I want to route the Vlan over routed link and function as layer 2 vlan. is
it possible...?

means

*PC (VLAN 25) >>>>>>> L3 Switch>>>>Trunk + OSPF>>>>>>L3 switch >>>>>PC
(VLAN25)*

I want the VLans to travel to a routed link instead of that right now it is
going through a configured trunk.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards

Ronnie