[c-nsp] Cisco noob -- design guidance request

David L. West nntp at deskoptional.com
Sun Sep 2 11:12:48 EDT 2007

> I assume you'll be selling these people Internet access.  Their
> neighbours are also part of the Internet.  I see no reason why you
> should protect those from each other but not any other host connected to
> the Internet.

> (I, for one, will have my internet transparent please, thankyouverymuch)

Yep, its part of the rent. I'll be doing NAT to provide net access to them
and firewalling the server doing the NAT. That's the plan for regular
joes/janes, but if we get a tenant like you who wants to handle it
themselves I'll just peel off a public IP and let 'em roll their own.
Already have one, in fact, a fellow who wants to put a web server in my
basement to take advantage of the 10Mb fiber connection we have to the net.