[c-nsp] SFP- Fiber that Does 1.25 Gbps

Raymond Macharia rmacharia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:52:52 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I am looking for an SFP that has a reasonable price that does 1.25 Gbps and
works with a Cisco 3560G 24TS switch. I have done a search on Cisco's site
and found one known as the CWDM SFP problem is the price tag quoted by cisco
will buy me 4 more 3560 switches. Is there any none Cisco one that will work
without facing the issue of the Cisco switch shutting it down. I have a
wireless backhaul equipment with an Infinion SFP Multimode 850 nm
1.25Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver and currently its connected to a
NEtgear switch
using a GBIC, and I want to replace the Netgear with the Cisco 3560 which
supports only SFP modules. The Infinion SFP module does not work with the
Cisco switch even after disabling the feature that shuts down the interface
when it is a none Cisco SFP.

--
Raymond Macharia