[c-nsp] Strange ARP problem between 3560 and Linksys

Garry Glendown garry at glendown.de
Wed Sep 5 15:36:44 EDT 2007

Raymond Macharia wrote:
> Sounds like STP to me, how have you configured the STP. please privide a
> simple schematic of physical connections. will help in narrowing down to the
> source of your problem

          A=======B
          |       |
          ----L----

A/B Cisco 3560
L   Linksys

On Cisco side, only this is configured:

   spanning-tree mode pvst
   spanning-tree extend system-id

Here's the status output from the Linksys:

Spanning Tree State Enable
Spanning Tree Mode Classic STP
Bridge ID   32768-00:1a:70:1d:85:7c
Designated Root  32768-00:1a:70:1d:85:7c
Root Port  0
Root Path Cost 0
Root Maximum Age(sec)   20
Root Hello Time(sec)   2
Root Forward Delay(sec)   15
Topology Changes Counts 30
Last Topology Change  2D/ 10H/ 29M/ 36S

Other configs are left to default, AFAICT ...

BPDU Handling: Flooding
Path Cost Default Values: Long

Bridge Settings: Priority: 32768, Hello Time: 2

RSTP is disabled for all ports ...

-garry

--

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
neiter deserve nor receives either   --  B.Franklin