[c-nsp] Extracting serial numbers from Show techs

laurent.pernot at bnpparibas.com laurent.pernot at bnpparibas.com
Thu Sep 6 12:06:53 EDT 2007

I use this for a Catalyst 6509 & little switch.

OID Chassis serial number  : .1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.11.1
OID Cards serial number and type : .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.3.1.1

Regards
Laurent

kevin gannon wrote:
> Does anyone know of or have a script that will take in a "show tech"
> and extract the part numbers and serial numbers ?

Haven't tried it yet for modular boxes, but did you look into the SNMP
MIBs? We logg the Ser# for routers we are currently rolling out, and all
I need to do is query the appropriate objects ...

-garry
This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with
its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message if modified.
Do not print this message unless it is necessary, consider the environment.