[c-nsp] Fiber issue, banging my head.

Peter Nyamukusa petern at africaonline.co.sz
Fri Sep 7 07:11:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

What type of Media converters are you using? What speed are they running at?
Have you tried to use different media converters?

I have ran into something similar to this it started all of a sudden I used
to get input and CRC errors on my 7206 router, the fibre was terminating on
a 2950 switch. The error will accumulate until the port on the switch shuts
down then when you reset the switch the link works for several hours before
shutting down again. It was very difficult for us to identify this because
the switch belonged to a last mile provider and we had suggested to them to
change the media converters which they were not reluctant to do saying that
this setup has been working for years.
Surprisingly when they eventually changed the media converters on both ends
the errors completely vanished and the link has been fine ever since

Hope this helps

Cheers

Peter