[c-nsp] Question about the CCNA and CCNP certification

Bernd Ueberbacher noc at mynet.at
Fri Sep 7 17:55:32 EDT 2007

Thanks for the info!
So I was right... I'm wondering how he will react when I'm telling him
on Monday ;-)

I was just not sure, I knew that the CCIE has no prerequisites so I just
thought that maybe he's right.

> However, there is no prereq for a CCIE.  If you're board with
> figuring out subnet masks and the basic stuff why don't you just
> get a CCIE?

Hmm, good idea. I haven't planned anything for the weekend, so I'll
learn everything I need for the CCIE. I can read and understand a book
as fast as Superman!
With this subnet mask stuff etc I just wanted to explain the point why
the other guy wants to skip it. I got all the CCNA books etc and MY
intention is to make the CCNA, but my colleague says time is money and
doesn't want to spend his time with subnetting and other basic stuff but
reads a BCMSN etc book. Too bad it won't help him much on his way to
become a CCNP without being CCNA certified...

Thanks again,
Bernd