[c-nsp] Routing recommendations

Matthew Crocker mcrocker at crocker.com
Sun Sep 9 15:08:08 EDT 2007

I'm looking for a router with 3 GigE interfaces, capable of moving
1gbps of traffic (64byte) and a full BGP table, with room to grow.
This would be for a border router scenario,  1 GigE from my upstream,
1 GigE to my core switch and 1 GigE to interconnect two of these
routers.  Right now I have a GSR8 w/ GRP-B but that is overkill.
Redundant power/controllers would be nice but certainly not a
requirement.   Would I be able to get anything smaller than 7204/NPE-
G1,  Will anything in the 3800 series handle 1 gig of traffic?

-Matt