[c-nsp] Multicast and bridge-group on cat 6500

Michail Litvak sha90w at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:32:37 EDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au> wrote:

> I have 6506 with sup720bxl3, and configure  bridge between two SVI.
> >
> > bridge irb
> > !
> > interface Vlan60
> >  no ip address
> >  bridge-group 2
> >  bridge-group 2 spanning-disabled
> > !
> > interface Vlan61
> >  no ip address
> >  bridge-group 2
> >  bridge-group 2 spanning-disabled
> >
> > I can ping through this catalyst, but OSPF don't work. Seems multicast
> > traffic don't passed through bridge.
>
> Hm, don't you require other stuff?
>
> bridge 2 ?

  I have bridge 1 on this router, without multicast.

(Eg, my random non-SVI bridges on software routers have one or more of
> bridge-group X protocol ieee; bridge-group X route ip.)

On software router config like this worked  good  (on cisco 3821), no
problem
with multicast.

(Is IRB between SVIs in the hardware path on the Sup720? I haven't tried
> that.)

I don't known exactly.

Adrian

--