[c-nsp] [Retrieved] Fiber issue, banging my head.

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Mon Sep 10 13:07:12 EDT 2007

Hi,

We're still having issues with this Fiber Gig-e Connection between our Catalyst 6509 and our Cisco 12000GSR.

We have tried 6 different SFPs (all multi-mode)
We have tried 2 different cables (multimode)
We have tried two different cards on the Catalyst 6509 (port g5/1 & g6/1 on the Supervisor 720)
We have tried two different gig-e cards on __two different GSR 12000s__
We have tried auto-neg, non auto-neg
We have disabled flow control on the switch side

The problem we're seeing is CRC errors and Input errors on the router side, the sh interface output from the switch side is completely clean.

We have 3 other setups which are virtually identical (same cards, sfps, cables, gbics) and they work fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, starting to think I'm cursed.

Thanks,
-Drew