[c-nsp] ISP response and traffic billing for DDOS

Hock Jim hohockjim at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:23:27 EDT 2007

Just want to drop a note of gratitude to all who replied me online and offline.

Think the general consensus of this straw poll is that:
1. yes, ddos traffic is and should be chargable, and rightly so, to be
fair to ISPs
2. *simple* filtering of ddos traffic should a ISP obligation, and non-chargable
3. reputable and tier-1 ISPs have chargable DDOS early detection and
remediation services

Thanks everyone.

regards,
Jim