[c-nsp] OSPF excessive retransmissions

Alex Cruz Farmer alex.cf+c-nsp at netsumo.com
Tue Sep 11 09:35:39 EDT 2007

Mark Pace Balzan wrote:

>>> 	Check out the MTU and physical counter parameters on  interfaces
> connecting OSPF neighbours - most likely causing this behaviour
>
> No reason to change the MTU. All I did was move the physical cable from
> one ethernet switch to another.
>
> No errors, collisions etc... On the inteface/s in question

Usually the cause of what you're seeing is MTU. The new or old switch may have had an increased (or decreased?!?) MTU setting on it
which could be causing the issue.

Thanks,

Alex.

This e-mail is subject to: http://www.netsumo.com/email.sumo

NetSumo Limited - Registered Company in England and Wales
13 Hanover Crescent, Brighton, BN2 9SB, Great Britain
Company Number: 2666084 - VAT Number: GB 587 7952 63