[c-nsp] 3550 as a BGP Router

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Wed Sep 12 11:51:00 EDT 2007

Hey all

I know BGP on switches has been discussed a lot, and how, yes it is unwise
from number of routes perspective.

But what I am looking for is setting up a 3550 with about a dozen ISP's
connected to it.

The ISP's would BGP peer and announce their own routes into it (<100) and
basically just take each others routes for a neutral peering situation.

Would the 3550 handle that?  Number of routes here isn't an issue. but the
number of BGP sessions. what wise advice would people offer regarding that?

.Skeeve

--
Skeeve Stevens, RHCE
skeeve at skeeve.org / www.skeeve.org

eintellego - skeeve at eintellego.net - www.eintellego.net
--
I'm a groove licked love child king of the verse
Si vis pacem, para bellum