[c-nsp] 3550 as a BGP Router

neal rauhauser nrauhauser at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:57:05 EDT 2007

  BGP requires memory to store routes. The 2610 maxes out at 64 meg. The
3550 is hardwired with 64 meg. They're equivalent in terms of storage space
and I think roughly equivalent in processing power. I think a 64 meg box
starts to have trouble around 50k routes if I'm recall correctly. If all the
machine is doing is a dozen peers with a few dozen prefixes each it should
be more than up to the task.