[c-nsp] vty access-list

C and C Dominte domintefamily at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 02:57:58 EDT 2007

Aaron Riemer <aaronis at people.net.au> wrote: Hi,

I was under the impression that vty ACL's only filter by source addresses.
i.e. standard ACL's only.

At first I thought that since VTY lines are for SSH access, there is no need to add an extended access-list, to allow ssh on those lines.
I found on cisco website that if a standard access-list is applied outbound on vty lines, it will be taken as a destination address. I tried that, and still all the ip's work, it does not allow only the mentioned ip.

Maybe I'll stick to the standard access-list

Catalin