[c-nsp] Looking for suggestions on how to link old colo with the new colo for routing purposes until new circuits are in place

Steve Bertrand cisco at ibctech.ca
Fri Sep 14 04:13:52 EDT 2007

> Problem: Since we cannot run BGP on any network smaller than a /24, how do
> we connect all the networks together, so that we can route internet
> connectivity to the small subnets (smaller than class C)?

I'm very new to this game, but from my understanding I will try. Please
correct me if I am wrong, or if I am misunderstanding the problem:

If you control all of the network routers, could you not advertise the
sub /24 nets across your infrastructure via iBGP, and then aggregate
them all together at your border routers that face the 100Mbps
connections and advertise them aggregated from there?

>From what I do know for fact, is that adding in any type of encryption
just to do routing adds a burden of overhead that is apparently not what
you want.

Or do I have this all wrong?

Steve