[c-nsp] Draft Rosen M-VPN

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Sep 15 04:46:08 EDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 02:51:39PM -0400, Harold Ritter (hritter) wrote:
>Phil,
>
>Just a clarification. The interop issue only comes into play if you run
>SSM in the P domain. There is no interop issue if ASM is used in the P
>domain.

Yes sorry; obviously using ASM one can discover via the (*,g) flooding
from the RP, and I did test this and it did indeed interoperate with
Juniper (J-series and M7i)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as there's at lease one Cisco
with both RD and MDT SAFI, it'll translate between them and again it'll
all work.